John Power founded the Powers distillery at John's Lane in Dublin in 1791. For a long time, Powers was the best selling Irish whiskey in Ireland. In 1966, the two remaining Dublin distilleries - John Jameson & Sons and John Power & Son, amalgamated with the Cork Distilleries Company of Old Midleton to form Irish Distillers. By 1974 the Dublin distilleries had closed their doors and all whiskey production moved to New Midleton in Cork.
This bottling has been released by the Celtic Whiskey Shop. It is from an ex-bourbon cask (number 15856) which was filled in the Midleton distillery on 27/02/2001. Only 264 bottles have been released at 46% abv.